Thursday, September 18, 2008

Richard in Chicago...Feb 2008



Richard flew from HI to Chicago to help me move. We spent a few days in Chicago driving around town to see some of the sites, spent some time with friends, and of course...PACKED. I didn't want to bore anyone with nonsense photos. So, we start with our night at the John Hancock. The picture above is from the Signature Room looking South. I think it's one of the most beautiful views in Chicago.

Below is Dana and Marcum. Two of my good friends in IL. Dana and I worked together for Ventana. These two were in town to say goodbye and to take my car back to Monmouth to try and sell. And I think everyone knows that didn't quite happen. I now have my Uli in Hawaii with me. But a huge THANKS to these two for helping me out!




Ah, look at these two...aren't they cute? We had a great time that night with Dana and Marcum. It will always be a great memory for me.



Me and my girl. I think we have a million pictures like this. Ah, the memories...






The following photos are from our drive around Chicago. Most of them are from driving up Michigan Ave, but I do believe there is one from Lake Shore Drive...you'll know which one.

This one is of the John Hancock Building when we were going over the river.




So simple, but so profound. The Michigan Ave. sign...




I'm not quite sure of this sculpture. It's down on Michigan Ave. at Roosevelt, but it looks like bodies, but only the legs. Interesting huh?




And last, but definitely not least, Da Bears!!!! Soldier Field isn't the most gorgeous stadium at all, especially since it now looks like a spaceship landed in old Soldier. But even so, I love this stadium. I'm hoping my Bears pull it together this year and have a decent season. I guess only time will tell.




Well, that's the jist of Richard's time in Chicago. We're looking forward to visiting again soon...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are making me want to go on vacation even more!!! It's almost been a year already.