Thursday, February 21, 2008

Girls Night Out

We had one last Girls Night Out before I leave Chicago. GNO started 2 years ago when a few of us girls from church (Holy Covenant UMC) wanted to do something more social. We would try to get together once a month by going to dinner and sometimes dancing. It's been so much fun!

This time we went to Jin Ju, a Korean restaurant up in Andersonville...one of my favorite neighborhoods in Chicago. They have martinis that are made with soju, a vodka made from sweet potatoes. They are delicious! Here we are...Carrie, Diane, Cindy, Rebekah, Sara, Maria, and myself.



Cindy had one of the interesting, but very tasty, martinis. It was scotch (or bourbon, I can't remember), champagne, and Campari. YUM!

We all had a great time! The food was delicious! I don't think there was a drop of food left. If you like spicy, I would recommend the Dak Bulgogi.

Smile girls :)



After dinner we went over to my favorite bar, The Hopleaf, to have a beer. I found out that they have almost all of the beers from Unibrou, the same brewery that did the beer and chocolate tasting. So I had a bottle of Terrible. It was a great way to end the evening.



I will definitely miss these nights. I always looked forward to them and we all became such good friends. Thanks ladies for all the memories! I'll miss you all very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Have a safe trip and love you both... Jennifer & Albert

Jules said...

Lisa! I miss you, and I'm dying to know how things are going in Hawaii! I tagged you on my blog--you can check out the "rules" there if you're interested. I hope to talk to you SOON and catch up!

Mira and Eric said...

Hey Lisa,
We miss you. How is life? I look forward to hearing about how things are going.
Peace,
Mira