Saturday, November 15, 2008

30 Week Ultrasound

Richard and I went to our last ultrasound appointment yesterday. Thank God! It was great being able to see the baby again, but the best part was finding out that she's okay. She grew into her kidneys, so there is nothing to worry about anymore. I'll post more info about her on her own site, so check that out.

After that appointment, we met with Dr. Ponder, my OBGYN. Everything is still going great with my pregnancy. I am 30 weeks and measure 30cm, as the Dr. said, "perfect". My weight gain is fine, even though I haven't gained anything the last 7 weeks. (It's hard to believe I've only gained 15 pounds and I'm that huge.) She reminded me that the baby will take whatever she needs from me. The biggest news from this appt, was that she wants me to be on Oahu at 35 weeks. This means that my last day at work will be Dec. 15 and she wants me over there on the 16th. I'm not too happy about this, since I will miss the holidays with Richard. But I am also understanding. Some of you may know my history of high blood pressure...that's why I have to go over so early. At any time, it can get high and that puts baby and me at risk. Plus, I will feel a lot better being over there, since we have no idea when she will actually come. Everyone thinks she is going to come early, including me.

So, to put things in perspective. This is the timeline...my last day of work is in 4 weeks and I leave for Oahu, and in another 2 weeks Richard will be over there with me, then the baby is due 3 weeks following that. It still feels so far away, but time is going to fly from now on. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Wow! Things are moving right along! I'm glad to hear that you and baby are both doing well. Just a few more weeks to go! Love you and miss you. Let's chat soon!

Melissa said...

Get her out now ;) She needs to come play already!!!

Christina said...

You aren't going to believe how this time is going to fly! It's so great to hear all of the good news from the latest ultrasound.